Search This Blog

Tuesday 23 February 2010

Disappointment Still [with the Church and Me] - But Hope Springing Up

taken from a [long :) ] comment I just wrote to a contact on Facebook

as I am holding various insights in paradoxical tension at the moment..even those from past evangelicals [e.g. like Tozer and others], who I found helpful earlier on as a Christian

and I see hope springing up in many places...reform, new insights, freshness

I think the bathwater needs changing frequently, but without throwing the baby [Jesus, grown to Man, and his words and His question "who do you say that I am?"] out

words from the N.T. came to me recently

"..only hold on to what you have gained.." [actually cannot find where that is]

I understand what you mean by 'woundedness,' I think,
-I came to realise I had great disappointment with the Church...after I got the space and time to stand back and mull the previous 20 years over [after we left]..as I had such high hopes of doing and being what I saw the early disciples did/said...I am simple in heart in that way, and yet passionate about these things [which sets some up for a harder fall, but I would rather that than not have feelings/passion]

but through the last 7 years have realised that I have to let others be imperfect as I am..and leaders are ordinary people who fail at times..only Jesus does not fail us..
and that I, also, am part of that not fully perfected Church

as I can never leave Jesus
where would I go? :(
He has the words of eternal life
and has become even more dear to me over the last 7 years

and I am beginning to love his Body again :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment